Outpatient medical care
Outpatient medical care refers to medical treatment unrelated to an inpatient stay and not necessarily administered in a hospital setting. This includes doctors' appointments and physiotherapy sessions as well as medical imaging for sprains and broken bones.
Ambucare Flexible covers the following treatments and services:
- doctors' appointments, house calls, technical medical services and minor surgery
- paramedical treatment (nurse-administered treatment, kinesiotherapy and physiotherapy)
- diagnostic testing (radiology, medical imaging and laboratory analysis)
Pharmaceutical products, orthotics and eyewear
Refunds for items prescribed by your doctor. This includes medication as well as eyeglasses, orthopaedic insoles, etc.
Ambucare Flexible covers the cost of the following services:
- licenced medication and bandages sold in pharmacies
- eyeglasses and eyeglass frames, contact lenses and hearing aids
- bandages and splints
- orthopaedic devices and artificial limbs
Tip: Click here to find out more about how to use the My Healthcare Card to get your money back for your pharmacy purchases.
Dental care and dental prosthetics
Ambucare Flexible also covers the cost of your dental treatment.
- dental treatment (dentists' appointments, preventive check-ups, x-rays, etc.)
- dental prosthetics (crowns, bridges and implants)
- orthodontic treatment and devices
You will be able to claim 80% of your costs back, less potential statutory compensation paid by the Sickness Fund.