On to a speedy recovery

Being out for a long time is usually associated with a loss of income. With the Income Protection insurance, you don’t have to worry about it as you will be entitled to a complementary income while you’re off on long-term sick leave. This way, you can focus your time and energy on your recovery.
How do you claim a replacement income?
income protection
Report your occupational incapacity as soon as you know you’re off work for more than 30 days

Once you find out that you’ll be off sick for more than 30 days, you notify us and your employer by following the steps below:
Step 1: Contact your employer

Step 2: Fill out the right forms

  1. Fill out the claim form yourself 
  2. Ask your attending physician to fill out the medical certificate 
  3. Provide us with a copy of the doctors’ note(s) (= occupational incapacity attestations) issued by your attending physician

Step 3: Send in your forms
By e-mail:



• By ordinary mail:

  AG Insurance
  Healthcare – Income Care department
  53 boulevard Emile Jacqmain
  1000 Brussels

A few practical tips

TIP 1: Send us copies of your doctors’ notes (extended occupational incapacity attestations) as soon as possible. This way, you can be sure you’ll collect your incapacity benefits on time, at the end of each month.

TIP 2: If your corporate-sponsored plan is through AG Employee Benefits, you can log in to My Global Benefits to check whether occupational incapacity or waiver of premiums coverage is included in your plan.

income protection
Send in copies of your doctors’ notes as soon as possible